In our technology class today we each presented a PowerPoint to the class. I love using and watching other classmates PowerPoint in general, so for me I think I will be using this tool as a lesson presenter in my class when I can. The best part of this project was seeing all of the others lessons out cohort members were doing. I really enjoyed CJ’s PowerPoint on the Grand Coulee dam. You could really tell how passionate he was about his subject. He had a lot of knowledge of the dam that showed in his PowerPoint.
The biggest thing I came away from after doing all the reading before the PowerPoint presentation is to keep text to a minimal. I usually have either a heavy amount of text or a medium amount. Sometimes it really seems that you need it. However in this presentation I did, I only used text as a heading and for my smart art. The rest of the time I used pictures. I found that I was able to look at the pictures and know what I wanted to talk about. I did not need it all laid out for me and everyone else.
For me the least engaging PowerPoint’s are when the person has to read word for word of the presentation. I find myself doing this when I have way too much text in a slide. Also just like I did when you have to read anything from your notes to often it does not allow you to get in a rhythm. For me not being able to show my video messed me up a little cause I tried to tell a story and then got lost in what else I wanted to say. I left out part of my presentation due to the short time limit.
I also tried to follow what I learned in the readings by not using templates and other things that might distract the class. This was pretty hard for me since I feel that presentation is a key to keeping the class visually engaged. That is the one thing I think I would go back and change with my PowerPoint. I think I would have a template that fits my presentation. I noticed that everyone else was using the templates and none of them I felt were distracting.
No comments:
Post a Comment